In our recently released State of Media Operations Report, we learned less than 15% of those that work in Media and Broadcast are utilizing an integrated SaaS platform to manage their media operations. Less than 15%! Alternatives cited were spreadsheets and/or an in-house solution. While these systems may work well at first, as your business scales and content library grows, utilizing a SaaS platform is a more efficient way to schedule personnel, resources, locations, and the management of any associated budgets.
There are many reasons why using a SaaS platform to schedule your productions makes sense. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Scalability: SaaS platforms are designed to scale with your needs. As your business grows, you can easily add more users and features without investing in new hardware or software. Additionally, maintenance is no longer the responsibility of your IT department or engineers, freeing them up to focus on supporting revenue-generating aspects of your business.
- Cost-effectiveness: SaaS platforms are typically more cost effective than traditional on-premises solutions. You only pay for the features you use, and you don’t have to worry about the cost of maintenance or upgrades. Skeptical? We’ve developed a calculator allowing you to input your data elements to determine if the ROI makes sense for your business.
- Ease of use: SaaS platforms are designed to be easy to use, even for non-technical users. This can save you time and money on training and support.
- Security: SaaS platforms are typically more secure than traditional on-premises solutions. They are hosted in secure data centers and use the latest security technologies.
- Collaboration: SaaS platforms make it easy to collaborate with others. You can share schedules, notes, and files with your team members in real-time, with all information living in a centralized location.
If you are looking for a way to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your production scheduling, then Xytech’s Media Operations Platform™ is a great option.
Here are some specific examples of how Xytech’s platform can be used to improve scheduling:
- Managing complex schedules: The Media Operations Platform™ can help you easily manage complex schedules. It can track multiple projects, tasks, and resources and send alerts and notifications to keep everyone on track.
- Collaborating with team members: Xytech’s platform can help you to collaborate with team members more effectively. It can provide a central location for sharing schedules, notes, and files, making tracking progress and communicating with your team easy.
- Automating tasks: The Media Operations Platform™ can automate many tasks involved in production scheduling, like batch scheduling programming or managing the union rules, European Working Time Directive, and overtime rules, to automatically select the right person for the crew every time. This can free up your time to focus on more important things.
- Reporting and analysis: Xytech’s platform generates detailed reports and analyses of your production scheduling data. This information can help you identify improvement areas and make better decisions about your scheduling process.
If you are scheduling your productions, personnel, transmissions, or workflows manually, or you are a current Xytech customer still utilizing a legacy on-premise solution interested in migrating to Xytech’s cloud-based Media Operations Platform, let’s talk.
We’re confident we can help drive your team’s efficiency and productivity. Schedule a demo to learn more.